Enjoy a fabulous week in Southeast Alaska, immersed in splendid scenery where wildlife abounds. Experience all the glory of Southeast Alaska ... and no, it’s not a cruise!
Indulge at the fabulous Gustavus Inn. Unpack once, then enjoy ample time to wander, watch birds, pick berries, and spot whales, and for those that wish, enjoy some of the best fishing possible. Meals are fantastic, and much of the produce is from the Inn’s garden. The scenery is incredible, and we are within walking distance of an artisan coffee shop, the ferry dock where Bald Eagle and other birds abound, and more.
This is a relaxed-pace tour with time to really learn, savor, and delight in the heart of Alaska’s wildlife-rich Inside Passage at Gustavus/Glacier Bay.
This year we're offering a pre-tour extension with two days of bear viewing in prime areas accessed by small plane, where expert guides help you view bears catching salmon — this is prime time!
- Enjoy a peaceful stay at the Gustavus Inn, in the heart of Glacier Bay National Park
- Experience Alaska’s rich abundance on long summer days, perfect for exploring
- Embark on a full-day cruise of Glacier Bay National Park, searching for local wildlife and learning about glacial history
- Savor a free day, with the option to take a sea kayak excursion, go sport fishing, or just stroll the local trails
- Walk The Nature Conservancy’s Gustavus Forelands Preserve, searching for local wildlife ? one year we saw Gray Wolf tracks here!
- Spot Humpback, Orca, and Minke Whales on a whale watching cruise on Icy Bay … marine mammals abound
- Enjoy local sightseeing in Juneau
Photo credits: Banner: Breeching Orca by Peg Abbott; Elfin Cove by Peg Abbott; Grizzly Bear by Peg Abbott; Steller Sea Lion by Peg Abbott; Red Fox by Greg Smith; Humpback Whale, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Gustavus Inn by Peg Abbott; Horned Puffins by Greg Smith; Sea Otter by Peg Abbott.