Explore Northwestern Argentina on this Naturalist Journeys tour that blends nature with culture in a colorful region of the Andes. Bird your way through stunning landscapes, including high Puna and arid wine country. Explore pre-Incan ruins, enjoy lodgings at a working vineyard near Salta, stay under the shadow of Seven Color Mountain in Purmamarca, spot Vicuñas near the salt plain at Salina Grande, and search for spectacular Lyre-tailed Nightjar near Yala.
We also offer an Iguazu Falls post-tour option, October 20 - 23.
- Enjoy dinner and a local folklore show at a local peña in Salta
- Cross the colorful and jagged Quebrada de las Flechas en route to our lodgings at La Paya, a small, family-run winery and farm
- Enjoy birding, Pre-Incan ruins, and huge Cardon Cacti around La Paya
- Bird Huaico Reserve y Chaco Lagoons in search of guans, tanagers, parrots, hummingbirds, and woodpeckers — over 200 species have been observed here
- Search Abra Santa Laura and the Yala River for an endemic dipper and Torrent Duck
- Enjoy a lovely stay beneath Seven Color Mountain in the adobe town of Purmamarca
- Spot vicuñas at Salina Grande, a spectacular salt plain some 3350 meters above sea level
- See Giant Coot, Puna Silvery Grebe, Wilson's Phalarope, and more Andean specialities at Huancar Lagoon
Photo credits: Banner Photo: Vicuña; Aplomado Falcon, Vicuña, Giant Coot, Puna Tinamou, Iguazu Falls, Llamas, Village Scene, Salina Grande Salt Mine. Photos courtesy Causana Viajes