Just two hours by plane from Miami, Belize offers a rich combination of Mayan ruins and lush forests that are home to Jaguars and a diversity of tropical birds, butterflies, and mammals. The country's warm, hospitable people speak English and have a long tradition of caring for their biological wealth. We spend time at three of Belize’s finest and best-known naturalists’ lodges: Pook’s Hill, Lamanai Outpost, and Chan Chich, nestled in reserves and protected forests, and offer varying habitats, Mayan ruins, and tasty food.
Explore Belize’s biological treasures and cultural roots. We emphasize birding, but also explore natural history and Mayan heritage … and some simple, relaxing fun. We enjoy extended time at each of the three lodges to ease travel and absorb the special attributes that give them such fantastic reputations.
- From Pook’s Hill, discover Pine Ridge Country in search of Orange-breasted Falcon and more
- Enjoy time at the Belize Zoo with native creatures and heart-warming signage
- Bird atop two stunning Mayan temples, surveying the forest canopy from above
- Relax for three nights at the beautiful Lamanai Lodge, just a easy walk away from impressive Mayan ruins
- Take night excursions in search of several species of bats, night birds, and maybe even a Jaguar!
- Spend three great nights in a Mayan plaza at Chan Chich Rain Forest Lodge
- Wake to the chorus of forest-falcons, tinamous, and motmots, right outside your door
- Walk the trails at Chan Chich, through many habitats in search of parrots, trogons, toucans, and more
Photo credits: Banner: Chan Chich Lodge, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Barred Forest-Falcon by Narca Moore-Craig; Barton Creek Boating by Narca Moore-Craig; Birding Caracol Archeological Project by Narca Moore-Craig; Belize Town, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Keel-billed Toucan by Narca Moore-Craig; Pale-billed Woodpecker by Narca Moore-Craig; Belize Scenic, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Ornate Hawk-Eagle by Narca Moore-Craig.