Join Naturalist Journeys on this exciting Yellowstone wildlife tour. Immerse yourself in the crisp air, scarce crowds, and incredible wildlife of Yellowstone National Park in the fall. Powerful bull Elk fill the air with frosty breath and clarion mating calls while cottonwoods glitter in hues of gold. An early snowfall may adorn the landscape, bringing a sense of urgency to animals that are preparing for winter. There are few places in the world that match Yellowstone for viewing the dynamics of large mammals and the drama played out between prey and predator.
This Yellowstone nature tour follows the Snake River to Yellowstone Lake, Canyon, Old Faithful, the Lamar Valley, and Mammoth Hot Springs. Witness mammals in their prime, from Bison to bugling bull Elk. River Otter, possible wolf sightings, raptors on the wing, fall color, and perhaps the first snowfall — a naturalist's or photographer’s dream!
- Take in the stunning landscape of Grand Teton National Park, with snowcapped peaks edged in fall foliage, en route to Yellowstone
- Stop at iconic Yellowstone destinations, including Old Faithful and Mammoth Hot Springs, without the summer crowds
- Meet with local experts who work with wolves and the Yellowstone Raptor Initiative
- See Bison, two species of deer, Elk, Bighorn, Pronghorn, and Mountain Goat
- Witness the stunning and dramatic Upper and Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River
- Spot Trumpeter Swan, Canada Geese, Harlequin Duck, Belted Kingfisher, American Dipper, and Black Rosy Finch
- Relax on a gently-pace tour immersed in the wild wonder of Yellowstone
Photo credits: Grand Teton Mountains, Black Wolf, Yellowstone Falls, Golden Eagle by Greg Smith; Elk by Peg Abbott; Steller's Jay, Grotto Geyser, Spotting Scope, Big Horn Sheep by Naturalist Journeys Stock.