“The Galapagos Islands [are] amazing — such a different experience than anywhere else in the world.” —Linda Tossing
Join Naturalist Journeys for a Galapagos nature cruise. Sail a course through the Galapagos Islands as you spend time in Ecuador’s impressive volcanic archipelago with its fascinating plants and animals. The wildlife is just breathtaking and shockingly docile (and many species cannot be found anywhere else on Earth) — it's not unusual to walk carefully over a Blue-footed Booby, or wait patiently for a young sea lion to awake from the comforts of your daypack that you left on the beach.
We journey through some of the best islands in the chain, including Espanola, Santa Cruz, and Floreana. You can expect a small group and a flexible trip, designed with natural history, birding, photography, and snorkeling in mind. Expert on-board naturalists teach you about the evolution, natural history, geology, geography, botany, ichthyology, entomology, and history of the Islands on your excursions.
Our Galapagos cruise is planned to leave a light footprint, and we support conservation throughout the voyage. There is simply no place like the Galapagos.
- Cruise on a well-appointed and stable yacht
- Witness and photograph myriad seabirds as they court, nest, feed, and care for young
- Try the challenge of identifying Darwin’s finches — fascinating!
- Look for the Galapagos form of Short-eared Owl, Galapagos Dove, and Galapagos Hawk
- See animals like Marine and Land Iguanas, Sally Lightfoot Crab, and the massive Galapagos Tortoise
- Swim and snorkel in secluded coves among colorful fish, and perhaps even dolphins and turtles
- Study the archipelego's volcanic geology — compare “new” and "old" islands and admire their stark beauty
- Explore mangrove lagoons by small boats for an even more intimate understanding
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to learn about conservation efforts, like controlling introduced species
Photo credits: Banner: Galapagos Tortoise by by Bud Ferguson; Great Frigatebird, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Group on Bartolome Island, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Marine Iguana by Greg Smith; Short-eared Owl, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Galapagos Flamingo by Bud Ferguson; Galapagos Scenic by Greg Smith; Blue-footed Boobies by Bud Ferguson; Sally Lightfoot Crab by Bud Ferguson.