“Excellent birding, beautiful scenery, and the wonder of bats! What fun! Can hardly wait to go again!” - Rolla Wagner
We invite you to explore one of America’s best birding destinations on this top-rated Texas Hill Country Birding and Nature tour. Amidst the wide open landscape of the Edwards Plateau region, we explore the beautiful area surrounding Concan, Texas, and its mosaic of avian life.
We settle in at one delightful lodge, so it’s a one-stop, unpack, and just relax tour, giving us plenty of time to soak in the area and its array of species and habitats.
We explore with our guide Pat Lueders, an experienced leader who has done this tour two other times.
If you opt to pair this Texas Hill Country tour with our Texas Big Bend tour or Texas Coast & Big Thicket tour, we’ll reimburse your connecting flight up to $300. Talk to us for details.
- Relax for five nights at Neal’s Lodge, a longtime hotspot for birders and naturalists
- See Golden-cheeked Warblers amidst Ashe Juniper at Lost Maples State Natural Area
- Witness millions of bats emerging from the Rio Frio Bat Cave
- Watch for captivating raptors including Swainson’s, Zone-tailed, and Harris’ Hawks
- Explore one of the Green Kingfisher’s few habitats in the United States
- Take in Hill Country’s kaleidoscope of butterflies; over 140 species have been spotted in the area
Photo credits: Banner: Eastern Screech Owl by Greg Smith; Painted Bunting by Mark Wetzel; Swainson's Hawk by Greg Smith; Green Kingfisher, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Scott's Oriole by Woody Wheeler; Indigo Bunting by Doug Pratt; Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Peg Abbott.