“How could anyone go through their life without going to Denali?” –Ellen Lahlum
Join Naturalist Journeys for this exciting Alaska nature tour. In a world where the treasures of wildlife and wild places dwindle, Alaska is still a wilderness jewel. More than any place in North America, its wild character and ecological integrity make a visit here a must. We explore during the month of June to take advantage of endless daylight, active birds, breeding wildlife, and very few biting insects.
In Anchorage, Nome, Denali, and Seward we visit signature landscapes — from boreal forests to the coast. We explore the Arctic tundra and search for nesting shorebirds, seek out moose and a variety of birds in dense spruce forests, cruise around seabird nesting islands amid the narrow fjords of Kenai, and hike in grand Denali National Park.
- Discover Nome’s wild tundra landscape while searching for vagrant Asian birds, close to the Arctic Circle
- Stand on the Iditarod's finish line
- Spend time in vibrant downtown Anchorage
- Cruise into the Gulf of Alaska to see the diversity of marine mammals and nesting seabirds
- Witness the sights and sounds of an actively calving glacier in Kenai Fjord NP
- Indulge on fine food, enjoy scenic hikes, and see abundant wildlife at the renowned North Face Lodge in Denali National Park
- Enjoy a stunningly scenic train ride from Denali to Anchorage
- Take advantage of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to photograph Alaska’s scenery and wildlife
Photo credits: Banners: Denali National Park by Greg Smith; Moose by Sandy Sorkin; Common Murres by Peg Abbott; Grizzly Bear in Denali by Greg Smith; Musk Ox by Greg Smith; Horned Puffins by Greg Smith; Canoeing in Denali National Park, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Muskox with Young, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Dall Sheep by Greg Smith; Horned Puffin by Greg Smith; Bus through Denali, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Canoeing in Denali, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Seward Boat Harbor, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Denali, Naturalist Journeys Stock.