Join Naturalist Journeys on this exciting Canada nature cruise. Take a cruise through Newfoundland and Labrador’s waters on an stunning journey in search of an array of seabirds, dramatic and stunning glacial landscapes, and iconic Arctic mammals like Walrus, Caribou, and even Polar Bear. Nutrient-rich, ocean current upwellings power food-chains that feed whales and many species of seal (Ringed, Hooded, Harbor, and Harp) and support massive breeding colonies of Atlantic Puffin, Northern Gannett, and Razorbill.
Cruise from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, looking for shearwaters, storm-petrels, and Northern Fulmar. Explore Gros Morne National Park, known for its fascinating geology and healthy population of Moose; see Torngat Mountains National Park, the crown jewel of the Canadian National Park network; learn about Inuit culture. Discover Monumental Island and spend time at the historic sites of Hebron, Hopedale, and l’Anse aux Meadows. Immerse yourself in stunning landscapes, colorful small towns, and charismatic wildlife along the way.
This Canadian wildlife cruise is designed to pair with our Fins & Fiddles: A Canadian Maritime Cruise.
- See seabirds throughout the cruise, including Manx and Sooty Shearwater, Northern Fulmar, Wilson’s and Leach’s Storm-Petrel, Northern Gannet, Razorbill, Common Murre, and Atlantic Puffin
- Discover the Tablelands of Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its unique geology and carnivorous plants
- Cruise the deep and lengthy Nochvak Fjord, surrounded by the tallest mountains in Atlantic Canada and home to multiple species of seal
- See the spectacle of thousands of seabirds and marine mammals feeding near the nutrient-rich upwellings that surround the Button Islands
- Witness Walrus and Polar Bear at Monumental Island, an incredible experience ... wow!
Photo credits: Banner: Kyle Marquardt, courtesy of One Ocean Expeditions (OOE); Torngat Scenic, courtesy Labrador Tourism; Colorful Boats, Willy Waterton, courtesy of OOE; Humpback Whale Fluke, Greg Smith; Polar Bear, Boris Wyse, Courtesy of OOE; Merlin, GS; Acadia, GS; Small Purple-fringed Orchid, GS; Spruce Grouse, GS.