Embark on a true African safari to Botswana, where the wildlife is pristine, and our days are timed with the rhythm of nature. Across the Okavango Delta and along the Chobe River, experience birds and mammals of different habitats, from vast savanna to deep water wetlands. On safari, we get amazingly close views of predator and prey, without disturbing their interactions and day-to-day survival.
On this African safari we spend our first days on the move, kept comfortable with the rustic luxuries of a mobile-tented camp, complete with private baths, a chef, and a host guide with 25+ years of experience. This mobile camp is designed to get us as close to the wildlife as safety allows. Imagine the richness of those wild nighttime sounds beneath skies awash with southern stars. We next spend time at two lodges that feature the upscale comfort of a permanent camp with private facilities, and a central restaurant and bar. With more developed resources, these small permanent camps have an ambiance of luxury and give us a sense of the camps visited by Hemingway and others in years gone by.
If big game, southern constellations, and the enchanting sounds of wild Africa beckon, this safari is sure to entice.
- Follow the wildlife with expert guides and the mobility of a tented camp
- Embark on morning and afternoon game drives
- Find a great sampling of Southern Africa’s elegant and colorful array of birds, in addition to myriad mammals like big cats, Elephants, and more!
- Explore Moremi Game Reserve’s Papyrus-lined channels, lagoons, and lush riverine forests
- Find signature birds like Slaty Egret, Black Heron, African Openbill Stork, Hammerkop, African Fish Eagle, Ground Hornbill, bustards, hoopoes, and of course, the stunning Lilac-breasted Roller
- Stay at two deep water camps, where we watch Elephant and other wildlife while on boat excursions
- Have an excellent chance to see, and photograph, African Wild Dog
- Experience a cruise along the Chobe River, encountering Hippo, Water Buffalo, and a host of herons and egrets, including the world’s largest: the Goliath Heron
Photo credits: Banner: Mokoro Ride, Peg Abbott; African Elephant, Peg Abbott; Lioness before the Hunt, Peg Abbott; Malachite Kingfisher, Peg Abbott; Leopard, Peg Abbott; Giraffe, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Ground Hornbill, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Lilac-breasted Roller by Greg Smith; Hippos at Sunset by Peg Abbott; Hyena, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Leopard Scratching, Naturalist Journeys Stock; On Safari, Naturalist Journeys Stock.