This Eastern Australia birding tour, offered in partnership with Inala Nature Tours, showcases the very best of eastern Australia. Enjoy rainforest birding in Lamington National Park for Regent Bowerbird, Albert’s Lyrebird, Logrunner and other specialties. Search for the elusive Eastern Bristlebird and Eastern Ground Parrot, join a pelagic in the rich waters of the southern Pacific where Fluttering and Hutton's Shearwaters and several albatross species may be seen, and explore the sweeping Capertee Valley for its bounty of species, including the endangered Regent
This tour is designed to pair with our Australia's Cape York Specialties Tour, August 30 - September 7, 2019.
- Watch for many of Australia’s best known bird families in Lamington National Park
- Explore mangroves and tidal flats near Brisbane
- Search for the elusive Eastern Bristlebird and Eastern Ground Parrot near Jamberoo
- Opt to visit the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, as well as the botanic gardens in Sydney
- Embark from Kiama on a Pacific Pelagic bound for the Continental Shelf — birdlife abounds!
- Discover the famous, and stunning, Blue Mountains from Katoomba
- Bird the Capertee area, and look for quintessential Australian mammals like Red-necked Wallaby, Eastern Grey Kangaroo, and Wombat
Photo credits: Banner: Wombat, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Superb Fairy Wren by Peg Abbott; Blue Mountains by Alfred Schulte; Glossy Black-Cockatoo by Carlos Sanchez; Regent Bowerbird by Cat Davidson, courtesy Inala Nature Tours; Australian Brush Turkey by Alex Vargo; Brush-tailed Possum, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Buller's Albatross by Greg Smith.