Join Naturalist Journeys on this exciting Ecuador birding tour. Explore the peaceful and beautiful country of Ecuador, and enjoy some of the very best birdwatching in South America. Our group spends time at our favorite lodges in a variety of regions, including Buenaventura, Tapichalaca, and Copalinga. At Jocotoco Reserves, and Podocarpus and Cajas National Parks, witness Ecuador’s fascinating wildlife and incredible birds and scenery. See 400+ species of birds, including more than 40 hummingbirds!
- Explore Arenillas National Park for Tumbesian endemics, including White-tailed Jay, Collared Antshrike, and Peruvian Pygmy Owl
- Bird at the Jocotoco Foundation’s Buenaventura Reserve for the very local El Oro Parakeet and the elusive Long-wattled Umbrellabird
- Search Tapichalaca Reserve for Jocotoco Antpitta, Gray-breasted Mountain, Toucan Golden-Plumed Parakeet, and White-capped Tanager
- Witness the rich cloud forest of Podocarpus National Park as you look for the endemic Bearded Guan, Giant Conebill, Purple-throated Sunangel, Crimson-mantled Woodpecker, and several tanagers
- Stay in private casitas at Cabinas Ecologicas Copalinga, with hummingbirds in a feeding frenzy right outside your door
- Witness Cajas National Park near Cuenca, where the high paramo is dappled with over 250 lakes
Photo credits: Banners: Marketplace by Peg Abbott; Spectacled Bear, courtesy Neblina Forest; Jocotoco Antpitta by Carlos Sanchez; Choco Toucan by Peg Abbott; Dusky-headed Parakeets by Greg Smith; Yellow-rumped Cacique by Bud Ferguson; Sparkling Violetear by Peg Abbott; Coati by Carlos Sanchez; Gray Tinamou by Carlos Sanchez; Immature Tiger Heron, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Sunbittern, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Butterflies by Carlos Sanchez; Birding Ecuador by Woody Wheeler.