Join us for a far-reaching Antarctic cruise that includes visits to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia Island, and the Antarctic Peninsula. The Falklands and the stunning island of South Georgia are home to plentiful and unique wildlife and birdlife. These islands host penguin rookeries of more than 100,000 nesting birds, while the beaches are littered with Elephant and Fur Seals. Seabirds, including many albatross species, nest and raise their young in this wild and remote environment. Both the Falkland Islands and South Georgia Island feature a fascinating history and beautiful scenery. We then venture south to the Antarctic peninsula, our final destination for this Antarctic nature tour.
Icebergs in other-worldly shapes and sizes fill the water, and even more unique wildlife can be found in sizable colonies. The icy waters are full of life and we often see whales, including Humpback, Minke, and Orca.
On this Antarctic cruise, we spend our days exploring ashore with expert guides, including naturalists, ornithologists, marine biologists, and adventurers, as well as with our resident professional photographer. Embarking on inflatable Zodiac boats is memorable. For the adventurous, there are plenty of opportunities to explore on long hikes or by sea kayak.
We use time-saving flights at the beginning and end of the cruise to maximize your time in key locations.
- Explore in Stanley on the Falkland Islands before cruising on to South Georgia
- See an old whaling camp on South Georgia Island, walking in Shackleton’s footsteps
- Witness massive colonies of King, Magellanic, Rockhopper, Adelie, Chinstrap, Gentoo, and Macaroni Penguins
- Watch for Elephant, Weddell, and Leopard Seals, as well as Humpback and Minke Whales, Orca, and more
- Embark on optional sea kayaking outings and paddle amid ice flows lit dramatically by the sun
- Photograph penguin rookeries backed by soaring, snow-covered peaks
- Cruise past huge icebergs in the icy Antarctic waters
Photo credits: Banner: Gentoo Penguins on the March by Greg Smith; King Penguins by Greg Smith; South Georgia Island, courtesy One Ocean Expeditions; Striated Caracara (Johnny Rook) by Greg Smith; Weddell Seal by Greg Smith; Spyhopping Humpback Whale by Peg Abbott; King Penguin Welcoming Committee by Peg Abbott; Kayaking in the Antarctic by Peg Abbott; Southern Elephant Seal with Brown Skua by Greg Smith; King Penguin Colony by Greg Smith; King Penguin Welcoming Committee by Peg Abbott.