Journey into Tanzania, the ultimate wildlife watching destination, in search of iconic animals like Elephant, Wildebeest, Common Zebra, Buffalo, mongoose, Impala, Gazelle, Hartebeest, Eland, Lion, Cheetah, Leopard, Spotted Hyena, Vervet Monkey, Baboon, and so many more. We travel at peak time: Wildebeest are calving and the daily interactions between predator and prey are intense.
Witness the splendor of Tarangire National Park, perched on a principal migration corridor into Serengeti National Park and surrounded by wildlife, ancient boulders, baobab, and fig trees. In Lake Manyara National Park watch for iconic African birds and mammals, and learn about the area’s fascinating geology.
Travel into the Serengeti and visit Olduvai Gorge, so famous for the study of human evolution and one of the most significant anthropological sites in the world, as well as for its incredible wildlife, including 500+ species of birds. Ngorongoro Crater, which consists of volcanoes, plains, mountains, lakes, forests, and archaeological sites, is our grand finale. Dotted with watering holes, this incredible area offers shelter to nearly 30,000 individual animals … this is a spectacular way to end our journey.
We enjoy lodgings at comfortable safari camps that offer all the creature comforts, but are still close to the action.
This is a small and intimate safari with one of East Africa's top rated (Kenya Gold Star) guides. We have more game drives per safari, double that of many other companies. This safari is also at the peak of high season - the peak of wildebeest migration - and we have to book the camps more than a year in advance. Since Africa is a long way to go, and a top life-experience for most of our travelers, we do not want to cut corners anywhere! This is an ultimate safari.
- Enjoy time at Tarangire National Park, the only place in Tanzania where dry-country antelope like Fringe-eared Oryx and Gerenuk are regularly seen
- Experience spectacular concentrations of wildlife at seasonally-shrinking watering holes
- Explore Lake Manyara National Park, home to tree climbing Lion, enormous tusked Elephant, Bushbuck, Giraffe, Zebra, Buffalo, Leopard, Impala, and more
- Embark on night-time game drives, excellent for spotting a wide variety of animals — many of which are on the hunt
- Spend time at Olduvai Gorge with a local guide, and learn about the sequence of important anthropological finds
- Look for over 500 species of birds in the Serengeti, including Saddle-billed and African Openbill Storks, Lappet-faced Vulture, and Tawny and Martial Eagles
- Opt for a sunrise hot air balloon experience over the Serengeti — wow!
- Bird and wildlife watch from the rim of Ngorongoro Crater, simply teeming with wildlife
- Look for the rare Black Rhino in Ngorongoro Crater, as well as many bull Elephant
Photo credits: Banners: Elephants by Peg Abbott; Saddle-billed by Greg Smith; Wildebeest and Zebra by Peg Abbott; Giraffes under Baobab by Peg Abbott; Leopard by Greg Smith; African Fish Eagle, Crowned Crane, Elephant with Infant, Lion Cub, Yellow-billed Stork Rookery, Zebra Greeting, European Bee-eater, Wildebeest and Calf by Peg Abbott.