Join Naturalist Journeys for this fun Belize nature tour. Just two hours by plane from Miami, Belize offers a rich combination of Mayan ruins and rich forests that are home to Jaguars and a diversity of tropical birds, mammals, and butterflies. The country's kind and hospitable people speak English and have a long tradition of caring for their biological wealth. We enjoy time at two of Belize’s finest and best-known naturalists’ lodges: Lamanai Outpost and Chan Chich, nestled in reserves and protected forests, and offering varying habitats, Mayan ruins, and tasty food.
Discover Belize’s biological wealth and cultural roots. We emphasize birding, but certainly explore natural history and Mayan heritage … and some simple, relaxing fun on this Belize birding tour. Enjoy extended time at each of the two lodges to ease travel and absorb the special attributes that give them such fantastic reputations.
- Birdwatch from two stunning Maya temples, surveying the forest canopy from above
- Enjoy the beautiful Lamanai Lodge, just an easy walk away from impressive Mayan ruins
- Embark on night excursions in search of several different species of bats, night birds, and maybe even a Jaguar!
- Spend time in a Maya plaza at Chan Chich Rain Forest Lodge
- Awake each morning to the chorus of forest-falcons, tinamous, and motmots, right out your door
- Stroll the lovely trails at Chan Chich, through many habitats in search of parrots, toucans, trogons, and more
Photo credits: Banners: Collared Aracari by Greg Smith; Jabiru by Peg Abbott; Naturalist Journeys Group Birding Ruins by Carlos Sanchez; Great Black Hawk by Carlos Sanchez; Waders, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Barred Forest-Falcon by Narca Moore-Craig; Barton Creek Boating by Narca Moore-Craig; Birding Caracol Archeological Project by Narca Moore-Craig; Lovely Cotinga by James Adams; Keel-billed Toucan by Narca Moore-Craig; Pale-billed Woodpecker by Narca Moore-Craig; Belize Scenic, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Ornate Hawk-Eagle by Narca Moore-Craig.