Currently not taking new bookings for this voyage.
Cruise through Newfoundland and Labrador’s waters into dramatic glacial landscapes. On this Canadian Arctic cruise, sail from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, looking for shearwaters, storm-petrels, and Northern Fulmar. Explore Gros Morne National Park, known for its fascinating geology and healthy population of Moose; see Torngat Mountains National Park, the crown jewel of the Canadian National Park network; learn about Inuit culture. Spend time at the historic sites of Hebron, Hopedale, and l’Anse aux Meadows. Immerse yourself in grand landscapes and colorful small towns, and witness charismatic wildlife along the way. We keep watch for Walrus, Caribou, and even Polar Bear, as well as impressive marine mammals.
Subtle changes to vegetation and wildlife species can be seen and our expert guides will interpret and explain these changes throughout the journey. The region features strong cultural diversity and we encounter the Nunatsiavut people in small communities along the coastline of Labrador. Numerous wildlife species are found along this coastline including bears, seals, whales and both migratory and resident birds. We spend our last three days of the cruise exploring from Nuuk and to Kangerlussuag on Greenland’s west coast.
- See seabirds throughout the cruise, including Manx and Sooty Shearwater, Northern Fulmar, Wilson’s and Leach’s Storm-Petrel, Northern Gannet, Razorbill, Common Murre, and Atlantic Puffin
- Discover the Tablelands of Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its unique geology and carnivorous plants
- Cruise the deep and lengthy Nochvak Fjord, surrounded by the tallest mountains in Atlantic Canada and home to multiple species of seal
- See the spectacle of thousands of seabirds and marine mammals feeding near the nutrient-rich upwellings that surround the Button Islands
- Witness Walrus and Polar Bear at Monumental Island, an incredible experience ... wow!
- Spend the final three days exploring Greenland, exploring small towns on foot and looking for muskox, reindeer, and local birdlife
Photo credits: Banner: Scenic by Kyle Marquardt, courtesy of One Ocean Expeditions (OOE); Musk Ox by Xavier Muñoz; Gros Morne by Willy Waterton, courtesy OOE; Kayaking by Jocelyn Pride, courtesy OOE; Torngat Scenic, courtesy Labrador Tourism; Colorful Boats, Willy Waterton, courtesy of OOE; Humpback Whale Fluke, Greg Smith; Polar Bear, Boris Wyse, Courtesy of OOE; Merlin, GS; Acadia, GS; Small Purple-fringed Orchid, GS; Spruce Grouse, GS.