“The Galapagos Islands [are] amazing — such a different experience than anywhere else in the world.” —Linda Tossing
Join Naturalist Journeys for an exciting and fun Galapagos nature cruise. Chart a course through the stunning Galapagos Islands as you spend time in Ecuador’s incredible volcanic archipelago with its fascinating plants and animals. The wildlife here is simply breathtaking and shockingly docile (and many species cannot be found anywhere else on Earth) — it's not unusual to step carefully over a Blue-footed Booby or wait patiently as a young sea lion wakes from the comforts of your daypack that you left on the beach.
We cruise amongst some of the best islands in the chain, including Espanola, Santa Cruz, and Floreana. Expect a small group and a flexible journey, designed with natural history, birding, photography, and snorkeling in mind. Expert on-board naturalists teach you about the evolution, geology, natural history, geography, ichthyology, botany, entomology, and history of the Islands on your excursions.
Our Galapagos cruises are planned to leave a light footprint, and we support conservation throughout the voyage. There is simply no place like the Galapagos.
- Cruise on a well-appointed and stable yacht
- Witness and photograph myriad seabirds as they court, nest, feed, and care for young
- Take on the challenge of identifying Darwin’s finches — fascinating!
- See for the Galapagos form of Short-eared Owl, Galapagos Dove, and Galapagos Hawk
- Watch for animals like Marine and Land Iguanas, Sally Lightfoot Crab, and the massive Galapagos Tortoise
- Swim and/or snorkel in quiet coves among colorful fish, and perhaps even dolphins and turtles
- Learn about the archipelego's volcanic geology — compare “new” and "old" islands and admire the stark beauty
- Explore mangrove lagoons by small boats for an even more intimate understanding
- Spend time at the Charles Darwin Research Station to learn about conservation efforts, like controlling introduced species
Photo credits: Banner: Galapagos Tortoise by by Bud Ferguson; Snorkeling the Galapagos by Pat Lueders, Galapagos Penguins by Dodie Logue; Summit Trail Hike by Pat Lueders, Marine Iguana and Sally Lightfoot Crabs by Greg Smith; Great Frigatebird, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Group on Bartolome Island, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Marine Iguana by Greg Smith; Short-eared Owl, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Galapagos Flamingo by Bud Ferguson; Galapagos Scenic by Greg Smith; Blue-footed Boobies by Bud Ferguson; Sally Lightfoot Crab by Bud Ferguson.