Join Naturalist Journeys for this exciting Belize nature tour. Only two hours by plane from Miami, Belize offers a rich combination of Mayan ruins and rich forests that are home to Jaguars and a diversity of tropical birds, mammals, and butterflies. The country's kind, hospitable people speak English and have a long tradition of caring for their biological wealth. We spend time at two of Belize’s finest and best-known naturalists’ lodges: Lamanai Outpost and Chan Chich, nestled in reserves and protected forests, and offering varying habitats, Mayan ruins, and tasty food.
Discover Belize’s biological treasures and cultural roots. We emphasize birding, but also explore natural history and Mayan heritage … and some simple, relaxing fun. Enjoy extended time at each of the two lodges to ease travel and absorb the special attributes that give them such fantastic reputations.
- Spend time at the Belize Zoo with native creatures and heart-warming signage
- Bird from two stunning Mayan temples, surveying the forest canopy from above
- Relax at the beautiful Lamanai Lodge, just an easy walk away from impressive Mayan ruins
- Embark on night excursions in search of several species of bats, night birds, and maybe even a Jaguar!
- Spend time in a Mayan plaza at Chan Chich Rain Forest Lodge
- Awake to the chorus of forest-falcons, tinamous, and motmots, right out your door
- Stroll the trails at Chan Chich, through many habitats in search of parrots, toucans, trogons, and more
Photo credits: Banner: Collared Aracari by Greg Smith; Barred Forest-Falcon by Narca Moore-Craig; Barton Creek Boating by Narca Moore-Craig; Birding Caracol Archeological Project by Narca Moore-Craig; Lovely Cotinga by James Adams; Keel-billed Toucan by Narca Moore-Craig; Pale-billed Woodpecker by Narca Moore-Craig; Belize Scenic, Naturalist Journeys Stock; Ornate Hawk-Eagle by Narca Moore-Craig.