Join Naturalist Journeys and artists Keith Hansen and Patricia Briceño on this fun Marin County fall birding tour. A one-stop, unpack and relax trip, we enjoy exclusive accommodations on a houseboat barge literally on the edge of Bolinas Lagoon, a special opportunity courtesy of our guides.
Search for Chestnut-backed Chickadee, Nuttall’s Woodpecker, and warblers in the forest, while scoping White-winged Scoter and Red-necked Grebe along the coast. Watch for Elephant Seal at the Point Reyes Peninsula. Enjoy waterfront views, the sounds of gulls and shorebirds, and local fresh and organic foods.
This is a NEW! California birding trip for Naturalist Journeys and we are so excited to offer you this fun opportunity.
- Take your morning coffee on deck, with views of pelicans, gulls, terns, and other shore and water birds
- Bird Bolinas Lagoon, Duxbury Reef, Pine Gulch Creek, and what birding trip would be complete without a trip to the local water treatment ponds
- Explore the Outer Point Reyes Peninsula for rare migrants isolated on the rugged outer parts of the peninsula
- Visit Keith Hansen’s gallery to see his many beautiful works
- Spend time at Abbott’s Lagoon looking for unusual waterfowl, shorebirds, and birds of prey
- Stroll Limantour Beach looking for Snowy Plover, White-winged Scoter, and Red-necked Grebe … and there are always a few surprises
Photo credits: Banner: California Sunset by Greg Smith; California Quail by Steve Wolfe; Houseboat on Bolinas Bay by Keith Hansen; Black Oystercatcher by Steve Wolfe; Elephant Seals at Sunset by Greg Smith; Steller's Jay by Peg Abbott; Long-billed Curlew by Ed Pembleton; Humpback Whale by Greg Smith; Red-necked Grebe by Peg Abbott.