We invite you to join Naturalist Journeys on this exciting Yellowstone wildlife tour. Immerse yourself in the cool air, scarce crowds, and incredible wildlife of Yellowstone National Park in the fall. Powerful bull Elk fill the air with frosty breath and clarion mating calls while cottonwoods glitter in golden hues. An early snowfall may adorn the landscape and bringing a sense of urgency to animals that are preparing for winter. There are few places in the world that match Yellowstone for witnessing the dynamics of large mammals and the drama played out between prey and predator.
This Yellowstone nature tour follows the Snake River to Yellowstone Lake, Canyon, Old Faithful, the Lamar Valley, and Mammoth Hot Springs. See mammals in their prime, from Bison to bugling bull Elk. River Otter, possible wolf sightings, raptors on the wing, fall color, and perhaps even the first snowfall — a naturalist's or photographer’s dream!
- See the stunning landscape of Grand Teton National Park, with snowcapped peaks edged in fall foliage, en route to Yellowstone
- Explore iconic Yellowstone destinations, including Old Faithful and Mammoth Hot Springs, without the summer crowds
- Spent time with local experts who work with wolves and the Yellowstone Raptor Initiative
- Watch Bison, two species of deer, Elk, Bighorn, Pronghorn, and Mountain Goat
- View the stunning and dramatic Upper and Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River
- See Trumpeter Swan, Canada Geese, Harlequin Duck, Belted Kingfisher, American Dipper, and Black Rosy Finch
- Enjoy a gently-pace tour immersed in the wild wonder of Yellowstone
Photo credits: Grand Teton Mountains, Black Wolf, Yellowstone Falls, Golden Eagle by Greg Smith; Elk by Peg Abbott; Steller's Jay, Grotto Geyser, Spotting Scope, Big Horn Sheep by Naturalist Journeys Stock.